Before you draft the job description, consider where you would accommodate your new intern. Are there any special tools required? Consider a few basic requirements before hiring a proactive intern.
- Would your intern work from home?
- Are you planning to provide company assets – computers and devices – to the intern?
- Have you allocated any budget for the intern?
- For how long are you planning to afford the intern?
Backed by multifarious internship opportunities in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad, a methodical approach to recruiting interns increases your chances of finding the right person with whom you can build an ongoing professional relationship.
Unlike coffee makers and Twitter professors, interns could bring a lot to the table. It is not uncommon for them to have a keen interest in learning about the working world. Using these techniques, you can choose the ideal intern for your team.
Take care of the intern
Prepare a project for the intern to work on right away, using a case study as an example, so that you could assess the intern’s abilities and provide appropriate feedback. This will help the intern get started.
- Take care of the workstation for the intern to help him feel a sense of freedom while working.
- Assign a manager to greet and attend the intern.
- Provide the intern with a comprehensive background of the company.
- Make the intern understand the interdepartmental flow of work.
Develop your intern unconditionally
Learning is at the heart of an internship. Indeed, you want to reap the benefits of the intern’s involvement in your company, but you should also be seeking to share your knowledge and expertise with the intern in order to help them prepare for their future career. If you do not do this, the fresh graduates would probably look for some other internship opportunities in Lahore or somewhere else.
Instead of mentioning that you are searching for individuals with web design expertise, say that you are looking for graduates who have some basic computer proficiency or similar classroom experience.
Go one step forward for the intern
- Make a list of the talents you want to acquire from the intern.
- Advertise the opportunity at some right job portal.
- Collaborate with the universities to fetch talent.
- It is good to induct interns across the departments.
- Pay your interns for their time, knowledge, and concern.
- Give the interns an opportunity to sit in managerial meetings.
Join the discussion